First Conference of the EPOS-PL project " EPOS-European Plate Observing System"
The first scientific-technical conference devoted to the EPOS - European Plate Observing System (EPOS-PL) project will be held in Windsor Hotel in Jachranka, Polnad from 19th to 20th of November, 2018. The conference is organized by the Polish Consortium EPOS-PL composed of the Institute of Geophysics PAS in Warsaw, Academic Computer Centre CYFRONET AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow, Central Mining Institute in Katowice, Institute of Geodesy and Cartography in Warsaw, Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Military University of Technology in Warsaw, Polska Grupa Górnicza sp. z o.o. [Polish Mining Group].
The main topics of the Conference are strengthening and widening the integration process of Research Infrastructure of Solid Earth Science in Poland and the collaboration between science and private sector.
The following task will be discussed:
- main pillars of the EPOS program - European Plate Observation System - by invited international guests,
- activities for the development of EPOS community and infrastructure in Poland,
- presentations of individual Research Infrastructure Centres in Poland and their integration within European EPOS structures,
- specialized measurement polygons for the integrated observation of geodynamic processes MUSE (Multidisciplinary Upper Silesian Episode) in mining areas and post-mining in the Upper Silesian Coal Basin, created in cooperation with PGG sp z o.o.
- results of selected research studies carried out using the emerging Research Infrastructure EPOS-PL.
The trade fair exhibition part is scheduled for the second day of the conference, where the individual elements of the Research Infrastructure EPOS-PL will be presented in details.
This meeting will accommodate a discussion forum comprising Polish earth science researchers, industrial partners, infrastructure providers, policy makers, and other important stakeholders.
Draft Conference Program:
19.11.2018 - PLENARY SESSION
10:00 - 12:00 transport of participants
11:00 - 12:00 arrival and registration of participants
12:00 - 13:00 lunch
13:00 - 15:00 1st SESSION
15:00 - 15:45 coffee break
15:45 - 17:30 2nd SESSION
19:00 - ... Gala dinner
20.11.2018 THE TRADE FAIR EXHIBITION AND PLENARY SESSION
The trade fair exhibition part is scheduled for the first part of the day, where the individual elements of the Research Infrastructure EPOS-PL will be presented in details. There going to be also presented results of selected research studies carried out using the emerging Research Infrastructure EPOS-PL during the plenary sesion.
10:00 - 11:30 RI EPOS-PL FAIR
11:30 - 12:00 coffe break
12:00 - 13:30 RI EPOS-PL FAIR / 3rd SESSION
13:30 - 14:30 lunch
14:30 - 15:30 4th SESSION
16:00 - 17:00 coffe break
16:00 - 17:00 5th SESSION
17:00 - 17:30 conference closure and departure